Thursday, September 6, 2012

FAT8023 Week 3 Thursday


Trader threw in the towel, cut losses on the 2 CAD contracts after it came down and retraces back and gave back those profits he made over the last 2 weeks. He then switch to shorting the GBP instead. He told me that the indicators were moving against him and he wanted to protect the account instead of letting it go under.


Trader work on Tuesday, so no trading. Took profit on the GBP and went long on the AUD.

He track the market while still working and did some trades on his own Forex account with his Samsung S3 mobile phone, that's the beauty of technology. But, unfortunately the Pats futures platform don't support mobile trading. He told me some of the trades he took but dare not put it in the futures account, still very conservative at the moment.

Yesterday the CAD came all the way down, if he had hold on to them, he would have made some tidy profit. But....

8 comments:

coconut said...

3 weeks already?

you have a trader who put your interest first, give him more time when his pressure subside he might be able to perform.

Fat88Trader said...

I don't give any of my traders pressure, it's at their own time own target. They just share the reward with their own effort, if they fall down I will extend my hand to pull them up.

I know trading is tough, it take time for a trader to mature. Of course, there are some who kept falling down not matter how hard I tried.

coconut said...

if only i'm 20 years younger, if only i can work hamony with others, i probably would have cut shorter my journy.

now i can see why good traders wanted to be in propietory trading or working in big institutions.

i can see opportunities lying all around (no not the "gold mountain" i talk about). one just have to causiously picking them up, with lots of tools.

being alone, i can only cover what i can cover. i have to let and watch others slipping by.

coconut said...

the tools are standard, the strategy are standard, the market are standard, what is not standard are the traders.

up to this point, my minds are full, my capital are full, my times are full, but the market are so empty.

is propietory trading my only choice (for expansion)?

coconut said...

and if, only if i so decided i need outside help to set up a propietory trading, who should i look for? i can't trust anybody.

i can't get a pro trader for why he should joint me, he can make money on his own.

i can't get a novies cos he will screw up many things, getting me even more busy.

lastly, how about secrecy, once the traders make money, he would have left and trade on his own.

how?

i guess propietory trading is not meant foe me period.

Fat88Trader said...

Coconut, If you are doing well trading on your own, just stick to it unless you are willing reveal your secret on how you made your money. Because, when these traders leave you, they will be your biggest competitors.

Don't have all those worries and trade on your own.

Fat88Trader said...

And since you can't cover that many, get someone to write the programe for you and automate it.

coconut said...

thanks, you just confirm my fear, with fear or doubt hanging around, i will not do it.

i have to watch closely my greed and pride.