Friday, January 1, 2010

Wishing all a Prosperous 2010

'Make Peace with the past so it won't screw up the present"

Almost everyday my cousin told me he learnt a new lesson at the end of the trading day, well, after 25 years of trading, I'm still learning. The market is so dynamic, no single day is the same and most tried in vain to spot a repeat of a past pattern for their perfect entry which is an illusion. The most common excuse, false signal!

2008 was a fantastic year for most traders while 2009 was for most, a lousy year despite the V shape recovery for most equity market and the economy. I wasn't happy with my performance last year, it's mediocre despite the hard work. I don't want to look for excuses, it's simply plain stubbornness and refusing to admit mistakes.

I look forward to doing some longer term day trading for the coming year, it will be challenging for a scalper who is so short sighted.

No comments: