Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Unconcious Competency

"...by stretching yourself beyond your perceived level of confidence you accelerate your development of competence" - Michael J.Gelb

I have been busy the last 2 days doing live trading showing my students how I scalped the SGX contracts, doing spread trading and hedging. My brother was shocked when I told him that I will be doing trading on just a laptop with wireless connection in the training room. Obviously it's very challenging for me to do live demonstration without my edge.

The wireless Internet connection was interrupted on many occasions on the first day and I was frustrated. Luckily I kept my cool and patiently traded with caution and managed to make a few hundred dollars on each day.

In the trading arcade, I traded with 6 screens on lease line for execution speed while I have to make do with just a 14 inch laptop to squeeze my charts and trading platform together during the training. Glad that I didn't disappoint my students, I certainly feel a sense of achievement for imparting the trading techniques to them.

One of my student called it unconscious competency in the way I executed my trades with ease despite the obstacles that I faced.

2 comments:

Jules said...

it's called trader's instinct :-) seasoned traders have that. Al brooks trades on a laptop too. Very few others can do that. I need 4 more monitors :-)

Fat88Trader said...

Yes, 4 more monitors will definitely increase your level of competency, I'm sure you will be able to trade with more confidence.