Sunday, September 6, 2009

Road to recovery

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. - Francois Mauriac

Went to the Natas travel fair last Sunday to book a holiday for my family to Taiwan for a 8 days holiday in early December. I have wanted to visit Taiwan and contribute a little to their economy since I have made some good money in the Taiwan pit before the closing of the trading floor.

It's a long queue into the carpark and the hall was packed with people looking for a good bargain for their holidays. The economy doesn't seems to be affected that much by this financial crisis and the V shape recovery of the stock market around the world caught me by surprise. It's unbelievable that we can recover so fast in 6 months.

Early this year, we have been bombarded by all the bad news, figures, depression scenario and analyst forcasting how much further the world stock market will sink.

My wife have been hinting regularly that we haven't been to any place for a holiday during the past 2 years. Feeling much better after may second surgery, I agreed to bring them for a short holiday though I still have a slight headache everyday.

After booking the tour, we went to the Food Fest at the next exhibition hall. We came to a stall touting a Chinese herb from Taiwan that can cure sinusitis and can feel the result within 3 days of consuming it twice a day. The Taiwanese man showed me the main ingredient, a type of native ginger with red buds, not hot nor spicy, gave me some to taste it.

The man asked me to give it a try for at least a month and I should have my problem solved within a few months. I have been having this mucous problem even after my second surgery, I washed my nose 5 times a day with salt and every few days a lump of mucous would flow out of my nose. Despite taking a few doses of anti-biotic over the past few months, the "BUG" stubbornly refused to give up.

Having a personality of "Giving it a try" I decided to get a month supply, 5 boxes of 10 sachet each with a box free at a price of S$150.00. I have to abstain from Chili, Ice (cold drinks), Peanut and Chocolate while taking the herbs.

After the 2nd day, I felt so much better. On the 3rd morning, I felt something blocking my breathing and decided to blow it out, I was shocked to see 2 big pieces of dried blood clot that came out from my nose after some digging. There is another piece that I couldn't dig out, so I decided to suck in and out came a very big piece of blood clot from my mouth. I was stunt.

I was relieved and knew that I'm on the road to recovery. I continue to wash my nose with salt but no more lumps of mucous now and my headache is subsiding. Advance western medication failed me and probably weaken my immune system with all those anti-biotic.

Profit to date for the Special account is S$14,914.00. Still holding 1 long Topix/Nikkei spread position.

No comments: