Saturday, May 23, 2009

Updates

"Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller.

It's been a very tough trading week. There is not much volatility in the Topix/Nikkei spread recently, so not much of an opportunity to make money. I still don't have much appetite for risk and trying to stick closely to my objective for the account.

It's being an internal struggle for me over the past weeks whether to take on higher risk. Robert is having the same problem, the fear of losing money for the account has kept him inactive for almost 2 months. As we can't spend too much time with the account during our own trading, I guess we have to be very patient and wait for the Durian (king of tropical fruits) to drop before going into position.

Profit to date since March 2009 is S$7,386. Though I am not exactly satisfied with the performance, I guess we shouldn't be too greedy in this tough environment where fixed deposit in the bank hardly earn any interest. Futures trading is risky, thus the reward should be higher or else it's not worth the risk.

No comments: